1 - Five Gallon Pail - Gaco Flex S4200 Silicone Roof Ctg - 1-White - (Puerto Rico including Vieques & Culebra)
Your Price: $429.95
The high adhesion alternative to replacing your weathered roof.
GacoFlex S42 Series is a 100% silicone roof coating solution for renewing your weathered roof. This high adhesion coating can be installed over virtually any existing roof substrate* creating a durable, seamless membrane that helps protect the roof from permanent ponding water, ultraviolet light and severe weather.
GacoFlex S42 Series covers more surface area with less material than many other competitive silicones, exhibits outstanding peak hide coverage on granulated surfaces, and with its strong adhesion to multiple types of surfaces, it eliminates the need for an epoxy primer in many cases, allowing for faster installation.
- 100% silicone solvent-free roof coating
- Coverage rate: 1.75 gallons per 100 square feet. 1 Pail = 285 sqft. One 5-gallon pail covers 285 square feet of roof with only 1 coat.
- Coats: 1 coat (18 dry mil film build).
- Life: GacoFlex S42 has a 50 year limited warranty when properly applied.
- Preparation process: Wash roof with GacoWash concentrated cleaner before applying GacoFlex S4200.
- Application process: Apply by brush or ¾” nap woven roller as received. For spray application, use as received; consult Gaco Western’s Silicone Spray Guide SG-Silicone for more information. For cold weather application, keep material stored above 65°F (18°C). Do not apply if rain is expected within 1 hour. For application in temperatures below freezing or above 120°F (49°C), contact Firestone Building Products. On smooth surfaces, apply one coat at the rate of 1.25 gallons per 100 square feet to achieve approximately 18 dry mils. On granulated and other rough surfaces, apply one coat at the rate of 1.75 gallons per 100 square feet. Coat all surfaces including expansion joint covers and flashings. Extra material is required at all edges and penetrations. NOTE: Application rate is job-specific and losses due to overspray, surface profile and wind may occur. Additional material may be required to achieve 18 dry mils.
- Mixing: Mix before application to ensure uniform color and consistency.
- Thinning: Product should not be thinned.
- Primer: Existing silicone coatings should not be primed. Eliminates the need for primer on most substrates, compared to previous generation GacoFlex silicone coatings..
- Dry Time: Final coat should be allowed to cure 24 to 48 hours, depending on temperature and humidity, before suitable for light foot traffic.
- Theoretical Coverage: 1.25 gallons per 100 sq. ft. to yield approximately 18 dry mils. On granulated and other rough surfaces, apply one coat at the rate of 1.75 gallons per 100 square feet. NOTE: Application rate is job specific and losses due to overspray, surface profile, and wind may occur. Additional material may be required to achieve dry film thickness.
- Clean Up: Clean application tools and equipment with GacoFlex™ Silicone Solvent. Recirculate through lines and gun until residual coating is removed. DO NOT USE WATER OR RECLAIMED SOLVENTS.
Important Coverage note:
On smooth surfaces, apply one coat at the rate of 1.25 gallons per 100 square feet to achieve approximately 18 dry mils. On granulated and other rough surfaces, apply one coat at the rate of 1.75 gallons per 100 square feet. Coat all surfaces including expansion joint covers and flashings. Extra material is required at all edges and penetrations. As a safeguard add a 10% to the square footage area for texture surface. For pitched metal roofs add 25%.
How to calculate how many pails do you need:
- Measure the roof area (length & width) that you desire to waterproof.
- Add all the measurements to have a total length and a total width (add 10% to the total length & width).
- Enter the measurements into the square footage calculating tool above and click on calculate
- You are done!! If you are ready to buy click on add to cart so you can go to the checkout section.
Important Manufacturer's recommendations:
- The GacoFlex S42 Series of silicone coatings has been engineered for improved adhesion when compared to the previous generation Gaco silicone coatings.
- GacoFlex S42 silicone coatings may be applied directly to most substrates with one coat application, contributing to faster installation.
- Always perform an adhesion test to ensure compatibility.
- A roof coated with GacoFlex S42 Series is ideal for use as part of a rainwater catchment system (NSF certification in process).
- GacoFlex S42 Series Coatings are suitable liquid applied silicone coatings used in sprayed-in-place polyurethane foam roofing systems.
- GacoFlex S42 Series Coatings may also be used over concrete and other coatings.
- GacoFlex S42 may also be used over some asphaltic substrates, such as modified bitumen, when properly applied over an approved base coat, such as with GacoFlex A4271 BleedTrap™ Base Coat.
- When properly applied, the coating system helps provide a seamless weather-tight seal that protects the substrate from degradation caused by ultraviolet light, water and other normal weathering hazards.
Need a qualified roof contractor for your project?
CICFS, LLC has a network of qualified roof contractors for Home and Commercial projects in Puerto Rico. Please click the following link to see the list of qualified contractors that can apply Gaco products on your roof:
Please contact us at:
if you need assistance in finding the most qualified contractor to apply Gaco products on your roof. Please specify what type of roof surface, total roof sqft area, and your complete contact information in your email.
Important Shipping Information:
For PR Mainland Orders (Does not Include Vieques & Culebra)
All Orders in Puerto Rico's Main Island will be shipped via a local courier service to your home or physical location with a Tracking number for your convenience free of charge. Vieques and Culebra orders will have a special delivery rate. We will send you a shipment confirmation once the products have been shipped from our warehouse.